About The Bartram Garden Club
- The club started in September 2016 with twenty six charter members.
- We started strong. Several charter members are seasoned garden club veterans who share their expertise and council to newer members.
- Three members are accredited NGC Flower Show Judges.
- Our mission is to promote the love of gardening, floral design, and civic and environmental responsibility in our community.
- We are a member of the National Garden Clubs, Inc., Deep South Region and the Florida Federation of Garden Clubs, Inc. and strive to support their objectives and projects.
- We currently meet at the GFWC Woman's Club of Fernandina Beach.
- Regular meetings are held on the second Thursday of the month September through May from 10:30am - 12n. Social time begins at 10:00am.
- New members are warmly welcomed and membership is inexpensive:
- $35.00 per year single membership
- $50.00 per year for a household couple
- Membership is open to all regardless of race, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin or physical ability.
- For more information on membership, click here to send an email to the club.
To further the education of members and the public in the fields of horticulture and landscape design; to support sustainable conservation practices; and to promote an interest in floral design art, nature studies and civic beautification.
Click here to view a copy of the bylaws, standing rules and duties of standing committees of the The Bartram Garden Club.
Benefits of Belonging to a Garden Club
The rewards of joining a local club within the National Garden Clubs umbrella go far beyond the pleasures of growing things. Membership opens the door to explore a wide range of common interests with people around the world and across the generations.
- Grow your knowledge via top-notch educational programs and schools.
- Garden for a purpose with community service projects, including disaster relief efforts and skill-building activities in eco-scaping, community beautification, etc.
- Participate in the State Garden Clubs network for learning, service and community-building.
- Promote environmental causes on a local, regional and national basis.
- Grow your own edibles or launch a community edible garden, for tastier, healthier, less expensive local fare.
- Learn to make the most of resources, including your available garden space.
- Enhance your garden's sustainability and reduce maintenance by planting natives which require little or no water or fertilizer.
- Nurture your inner artist with floral design study and flower shows.
- Learn from those with experience, and pass along your own passion and know-how to new generations of gardeners.
- Share your love of gardening and have fun!
Join The Bartram Garden Club
Click here to contact our administrator and get more information about membership.